Tuesday, September 8, 2009

4th Transfer!!!

Well people, this is the start of a new transfer and not much has changed. I'm staying here in Portland and still with my trainer. By the end of this next transfer (Sep. 9th – Oct 19th), We will have been companions for six months. I'm not going to lie, it's been really tough being with the same person for that long. Specially when he gets sick so much, we can't get a constant rhythm. There has been a lot of things that have happened to us that strained our relationship. I think more than situations, it has been the choices he makes the ones that have made me (I don't know how else to put it) doubt him and his ability as a trainer. I'm not trying to say he's a bad missionary but I think that he has become a robot missionary. He tries to be perfect and beats himself if he's not. I've tried to help him but it hasn't worked. He doesn't know how to have fun anymore. He still thinks that the only way to do missionary work is knocking. Sometimes I feel like he just plans the things we do, to just put a checkmark on the a piece of paper. (Now that all that is out of my chest) I know that the Lord will help us become better missionaries. I love my companion and I want to help him. I think that it's going to take a lot from my part to get this going the right direction. I need to step up to the plate and lead. It's really weird. I think that the reason that we have stayed together so long is not so that he can train me, but so that I can help him.

ELDER ARCIA
(stripplingarcia@myldsmail.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and decent.