Monday, April 19, 2010

22

People:
 Well this week was definitely the hardest one on my mission. We had a Zone Conference and I just felt out of place. I didn't know anyone. It felt like the beginning of my mission all over again. The actual Conference was really good though. I learned a lot about revelation and testimony and hoe that helps our conversion. It was a really spiritual meeting and I got a lot from it. Then the day after was really bad. I got a package from my old mission with all of the letters that I had written to my old mission president. The package itself was not the bad thing, the bad thing was that I read some of the entries and it just hit me how much I really did enjoy Portland and how much I had left behind. I carried that all day long and it distracted me a bit from the work. But I didn't let that stop us from working. We worked really hard that day and even though we didnt have as much success I felt triumphant because I worked through what seemed a great obstacle. I know that I didnt do it alone. I know that the Lord was there with me 100% and I am gratefull for that.
 Some thing really cool happened to us this week. Other than my Birthday being on saturday, we had a lesson with a girl that has trouble hearing. She can hear you but doesnt understand so we started to learn a bit of Sign Language to help her out a bit. At te beginnig it was horrible. We were trying to teach her but she could not understand anything. We were seriously about to give up and call it a day but we received ispiration to learn some basic signs to talk to her so that she could understand. She understood everything we taught her and she feels ready to get baptized. I know that the Lord helped us all the way with  that one.

--


Elder Arcia
(pablo.arcia.valdes@myldsmail.net)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and decent.