Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Humbled or humiliated?

These past 9 months on the mission have really taught me a lot about myself and about life. There are so many things that have changed in me, and I still change every day. I can't say that I am the same as I was then.
This week has been good. Elder Davis and I have been working a lot. We have been knocking and talking with members to find people to teach. Its really has been working out for us. We found like 5 people that we think have good potential.
I feel really comfortable with Elder Davis. He is a good missionary and knows how to teach. He always a want to go out and work. That's what I like about him.
Yesterday we had a Family Home Evening with a family that wants to invite their friends to church. They invited us to share a quick message about the restoration with their friends. We taught them how Christ formed His church and how that church was destroyed by the people. We saw the video about the restoration. The lesson went as planned and we saw that most of the people there were interested in knowing more. Let's see what happens with them. After that we had some "caldo de camarones". It was good! Too bad my companion hates shrimp. He says that he is starting hate them less.
Something funny happened to me. Just before that lesson, we were driving and my companion was telling me that I was ganna get a ticket for driving fast. Just as he finished saying that, I saw police lights in back of me. he totally jinxed me! The good thing is that then officer just let me off with a warning. Didn't report it or anything. My guardian angel was looking out for me.

ELDER ARCIA
(stripplingarcia@myldsmail.net)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and decent.