Monday, March 8, 2010

Week in a Shelby Shell!!!

 Well this week has been a good week. I have had a lot of fun working in this area. The members here are really nice. They really care about us and look out for us. Like the other day we went to have dinner with the Batman family. Just the name should tell you how cool these members are. We went over to their house and ate fajitas, which were reallly good. The sister forgot to get some dessert and they invited us to Dairy Queen to get an ice-cream. Brother Batman took us in his '67 Shelby that he is fixing up. The ride was sweet. Lets just say that the 2 minute ride was well worth it.
 A few days later we went to eat with the Aires and they invited us to go to Calamity Jane's. They have the best burgers in town. I ate a huge burger with blue cheese. It was nice! I also had a banana and raspberry milk shake. When I got out of that place I really could not breath. I have not eaten that much in a long time! It took me two days to recover from that. The good thing is that I'm running in the mornings with my companion. That helped me out a lot.  
 This week we went to teach Selene and Miguel. The lesson was really good. They are our most promising investigators. Selene testified to Miguel that she knew that the church is true and she committed herself and Miguel to pray each day. They are progressing really good and we hope that we can get them baptized as soon as possible. 
 I'm really happy to be serving here and to be able to help these people. I have had a lot of fun in these almost 11 months and I intend to have a lot more fun this next year. 
 Well people, take care. I love you all!
--


Elder Arcia
(pablo.arcia.valdes@myldsmail.net)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments appropriate and decent.